In one of my previous article, I have provided a tutorial for adding Facebook comments manually in a website (HTML or WordPress or any other CMS platforms). If you are using WordPress and looking for an easy way to install Facebook comments in your website without going through the manual process, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to add Facebook comments to WordPress website.
To add Facebook comments to WordPress, you will need to use Facebook comments WordPress plugin. You will also need a little bit knowledge of creating Facebook apps (which I have explained in detailed as well).
Tutorial To Add Facebook Comments To WordPress:
1) To get started, log into your WordPress dashboard, click on “Plugins -> Add New” and enter “Facebook Comments” in the search box. Now, Facebook comments plugin will show up as the first result. Just install it and activate the plugin.
2) Once installed, click on “Settings -> Facebook Comments” in your WordPress dashboard to visit the Plugin Settings page. You will see the message “You Need to Set Up your Facebook App ID!” at the top.
3) To use the “Facebook Comments” plugin you will need to use an existing Facebook app ID (which you have created for your website) or create a new Facebook app and use its App ID. In this tutorial, I am going to create a new App and use its ID. So, to create a new app, visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps, click on “Add a New App” green button and click “Website” as app Platform.
4) Now, you will be redirected to the “Quick Start for website” page. Enter your website name as Facebook App name and click on “Create New Facebook App ID“.
5) A pop-up will be showing up asking you to “Choose A Category“. Select a category based on your website niche and click on “Create App ID“.
6) Now, scroll-down to the footer of the page where you will be asked to enter your website URL. Enter it there and click on “Next“.
7) That’s it. Now you have successfully create a Facebook app for your website. Now, go back to https://developers.facebook.com/apps/, click on your App name and copy the App ID.
8) Next, go to your “Facebook Comments” settings page in WordPress, enter the copied Facebook app ID and click on “Save Changes“.
9) That’s it. Now you have successfully integrated Facebook Comments in your WordPress website.
To learn how to moderate the Facebook comments in your WordPress website, check out this guide.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial or if you face any challenges, do let me know via comments.