Are you a YouTuber? Are you looking for a way to create a custom URL for your YouTube channel so that people can remember your Channel name easily? If yes is your answer for above questions then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a tutorial to create a custom URL for your YouTube channel.
Though the steps given here will help you to create a web address for your YouTube channel, you can’t create custom URL for all your YouTube channels. YouTube has set a criteria for all YouTube accounts and if you would like to get a custom URL for your channel, your YouTube account should meet those requirements. For more information about those requirements, check out this page.
Tutorial To Create A Custom URL For YouTube Channel:
1) First make sure that your YouTube account has met all the criteria set by YouTube for getting a custom URL.
2) If your account is 30 days old and in good standing with more than 100 subscribers along with channel icon and art, you are eligible to get the YouTube custom URL. To claim it, go to your YouTube settings and click on “Advanced” under your Channel name.
3) In the advanced settings page, if your account is eligible for custom URL you will get the following message: You’re eligible for a custom URL. Claim it here. Click on “Here“.
4) Now you will be taken to the Google Plus page, which is integrated with your YouTube account. There you will be presented with channel name options. Select the appropriate one for your channel and click on “Change URL“.
5) Next, you will be asked to confirm your custom URL name choice. Since YouTube won’t allow you to change the custom URL name, make sure that you have chosen an appropriate name for your channel.
That’s it. Now you have successfully created a custom URL for your YouTube channel. You can use this custom URL for promoting your channel to new audience.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.