Are you facing any virus problem in your computer running on Windows 8 OS? Is your Windows computer not booting up and showing error messages like bootmgr missing or NTLDR missing? To resolve both the above scenarios, you will need to reinstall the Windows 8 operating system. But, if your system doesn’t have any optical drives and if you are looking to reinstall Windows 8, then you can easily do it by creating a Windows 8 Bootable USB drive and using it to install the operating system.
If you are not sure about the way to create a Windows 8 bootable drive, you can check out the procedure given here. The procedure to create a Windows 8 Bootable USB is quite simple and anyone with basic knowledge about computer can do it.
Tutorial To Create A Windows 8 Bootable USB Drive (Method 1):
1) To get started, download Windows Installation Media Creation Tool and run it in your computer.
2) Next, select your language, Windows Edition (Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 N, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro N, Windows 8.1 Single Language) and architecture (32 bit or 64 bit operating system). Once done, click “Next“.
3) Now, insert a USB drive in your computer. Make sure that the USB drive has at least 4 GB free space.
4) Once done, select “USB Flash Drive” as the place to save the ISO file and click “Next“.
5) Now, you will see the list of USB Flash drives connected to your device. Select the one where you want to save the ISO file and click “Next“. Once you do that, Media Creation Tool will download Windows 8 automatically to your USB Flash drive. After the download gets completed, click on “Finish“.
That’s it. Now, you have created a Windows 8 Bootable USB flash drive successfully using Windows Media Creation Tool. If you would like to create a Windows 8 USB Flash drive using Windows 8 ISO file, follow the tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Create Window 8 Bootable USB (Method 2):
1) To get started, download Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 ISO file to your computer. Once done, download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool and install it in your computer. Once installed, launch the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool window.
2) Now, select the Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 ISO file as the “Source File” and click “Next“.
3) Next, select “USB Device” as media type.
4) Now, insert a USB device with at least 4 GB Free space in your computer. Once done, select your USB flash drive in the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool and click “Begin Copying“.
Once the process is finished, you will have a Windows 8 Bootable USB drive. Now, you can use this USB drive to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system in your computer.
If you encounter any issues while following these tutorials, do let me know via comments.