Recently when i was working for a client’s project, I have had to type around three pages of content in Tamil. Although, I am native Tamil speaker, I have no idea on how to type in Tamil. So, I looked at few solutions and after few hours, I was able to type in Tamil. Since, not many of you are aware of this process (I am sure you won’t be here, if you are aware of this process), I am going to use this blog space to write a tutorial about it.
If you would like to type in Tamil in MS word, then follow the step by step instructions given below. The process is quite simple and you will be able to type in Tamil in no time at all.
Tutorial To Type In Tamil In MS Word:
1) Before getting started, make sure that you have Microsoft Office installed in your computer. You don’t have to install a particular version of MS office as this tutorial will work for all versions.
2) Next, go to Azhagi.com.
3) In its homepage, click on “Download Azhagi+” to download the software, which is free to use.
4) Once it is downloaded, go the folder where the file is located and extract the zip package using WinRar or WinZip to get the .exe file. Once done, click on the .exe file to begin the installation process.
5) Now, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process. Once you have finished the installation, click on the “Azhagi+” shortcut icon in your desktop to open up its window. Once done, minimize the software window but don’t close it.
6) Next, open up MS Word in your computer. Once done, just click on the “F10” button in your keyboard to switch to Tamil font. Now, you can type the Tamil sentences in English and they will get automatically translated to Tamil.
That’s it. Now you will be able to Type in Tamil in MS Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or any other versions.
If you find this tutorial useful, please spread the word about it by sharing this tutorial on your social networking websites.