Have you purchased your first Virtual Private Server (VPS)? If yes, are you looking for a way to create cPanel account for your website? If yes is your answer again, you have landed in the right page. Here I have provided a simple step by step guide to create a cPanel account using WHM (Web host manager) in VPS.
Creating a cPanel account on WHM is not a rocket science but you will have to know some basics about web hosting i.e., Disk Space, Bandwidth, etc.
Steps To Create cPanel Account In WHM:
For this tutorial, I am going to use my InMotion Hosting VPS to create a new account in WHM.
1) To get started, enter the following URL in your browser: yourdomain.com:2086 (“yourdomain.com” will be the primary domain of your VPS). Now enter your VPS log in details and log into your WHM.
2) Once you logged into your WHM, click on “Account Functions“.
3) Now click on “Create A New Account” as shown in the screenshot below.
4) Next, fill up your “Domain Information” i.e., your domain name, username and password for accessing the cPanel account and email address.
5) Once you have entered the above details, choose a hosting package for your webhosting. Don’t choose the default package, if you wish to limit the Bandwidth or Disk Space quota as the default package will not have any limits at all. Click on “Select Options Manually” and enter the amount of space, bandwidth, SQL databases, sub-domains, etc., you wish to allow for this cPanel account.
6) Now don’t change anything in “Settings“, “Reseller Settings“, “DNS Settings” and “Mail Router Settings” and click on “Create“.
That’s it. Now you have successfully create cPanel account for your website using Web Hosting Manager in Virtual Private Server.
This guide will work for all servers that has WHM i.e., if you have purchased virtual private server from managed hosting providers, you can use this guide to create a new cPanel account easily.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.