Are you a photographer who would like to showcase your creations in a WordPress blog? Or are you a blogger who would like to showcase your photographic skills by launching a new Image gallery in your WordPress blog? If yes is your answer for any of the above queries, then you might be looking for a Gallery WordPress plugin to showcase your pictures! But, there is no absolutely no need for a plugin to create a professional looking WordPress image gallery.
Since WordPress offers the option to create galleries as an in-built function, in this page, I have explained how you can create a free image gallery in WordPress without using any WordPress plugins.
Tutorial To Create Free Image Gallery In WordPress:
1) To get started, log into your WordPress dashboard and click on “Posts -> Add New“.
2) Now, you will see the “Add New Post” section of WordPress. Enter the desired title for your article and write content about your Image gallery in the body section. Once done, click on “Add Media“.
3) You will see the “Insert Media” option. Don’t select or insert media here. Instead, click on “Create Gallery” in the navigation links given in the sidebar.
4) Now, to showcase images in your Image Gallery, you will need to choose the images from the “WordPress Media Library” by clicking on them. Also, you can click on “Upload Files” to upload more images to your Gallery.
5) Once you have selected and uploaded all the images, click on “Create a new gallery“.
6) In the next page, add a caption for your images and then choose your Gallery settings: Image Link To Attachment page or Media File, Number of Columns of images, Size of Images, Display Type Of Images, etc. If you choose display type as “Slideshow“, you won’t see the Number of Columns option as all the images will be displayed as a slide show. Once you selected all the settings, click on “Insert Gallery“.
7) Once everything is in place, you can publish the post and you will see your images in WordPress Image gallery.
That’s it. Now you have successfully create an Image gallery in your WordPress blog without using a free or paid plugin. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below. Also, if you would like to write WordPress tutorial on a specific topic, contact me using our contact page.