When you are a webmaster you will be faced with the task of redirecting your domain name temporarily or permanently to another domain from time to time for plenty of reasons (brand name change, longer domain names, etc.). If you are facing a situation like that and if you are using GoDaddy as your domain registrar, then you can follow the tutorial I have given below to 301 or 302 redirect your domain.
Redirect Your GoDaddy Domain To Another Domain
1) To get started, go to GoDaddy.com and login to your account with your username and password.
2) Now, you will the list of GoDaddy products which you are using right now. In it, click on “Manage” next to Domains for opening the GoDaddy’s Domain control panel.
3) In the domain control panel, you will see the list of domain names you own. Now, select the domain name which you want to redirect by ticking the box in front of the domain.
4) Next, click on “Forward -> Forwarding Domains” in the navigational menu.
5) Now, you will see the “Forwarding And Masking” window open up in your browser. Next, click on “Add Forwarding” button to open up the Forwarding options for the domain name which you have selected.
6) In the “Add Forwarding” window, select either “HTTP” or “HTTPS” and then type the domain name where you want to redirect your GoDaddy domain in the “Forward To” option. Next, select either “301 (Permanent)” or “302 (Temporary)” under “Redirect Type“. Once done, choose either “Forward Only” or “Forward with Masking” under “Forward Settings“.
If you choose “Forward only“, then if you enter your GoDaddy in a browser, it will redirect to the new domain. If you choose “Forward with masking“, then if you enter your GoDaddy domain in browser, it will redirect to the new domain but the URL in your browser won’t change (it will keep showing your GoDaddy domain name). Once you have entered all the options, click on “Add”.
7) Now you will be redirected back to the “Forwarding And Masking” window, where you will see the redirection you have added for your GoDaddy Domain. Just click on “Save” in this window to finish the process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished redirect your GoDaddy domain name to another domain (either temporarily or permanently. If you face any challenges while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.