If you are new to the field of blogging and internet marketing, then you might not be aware of tracking your website visitors with the help of Google Analytics (a useful tool from Google and it is totally available for free). Since tracking your website visitors will help you determine the success rate of your business, it is important to learn about integrating Google Analytics for your website.
Here, I am gonna teach you how to set up Google Analytics for your website. I have given step by step instructions with pictorial representations, so that you will never get confused while setting up Google Analytics.
Tutorial To Setup Google Analytics For Your Website:
1) To get started, go to analytics.google.com and click on “Create An Account“.
2) In the next page, you will be asked you log in to your Gmail account. So, enter your Gmail email address and password, and sign into your account. If you don’t have a Gmail account, sign up for one using the “Create An Account” option given there and then log into your account.
3) Once you have logged in using your Gmail details, you will see Google Analytics sign up. Just click on “Sign Up” to start using Google Analytics.
4) In the next page, fill up your website details and once you have entered everything, click on “Get Tracking ID“.
5) Now, you will get the Google Analytics Terms of service Agreement pop-up. If you wish read it fully and then click on “I Accept” or else just click on “I Accept“.
6) In the next page, you will get your website’s Tracking ID and Tracking code.
7) Now, copy the tracking code and place it in your website’s <body> tag (Note: if you are using HTML website, open up your index.html and place this code just before the </body> tag. If you are using WordPress website, then you can install the Google Analytics By Yoast WordPress Plugin and just enter your Tracking ID to track your website visitors).
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished setting up Google Analytics for your website. If you have any queries or if you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.