WordPress is the most used content management system in the world. If you are using it for your blog or website, chances are that you might not like the default WordPress comment system. If you are one of those people then using Disqus comments system would be the ideal solution. Here I have given a step by step tutorial to set up Disqus on WordPress.
Disqus is a top rated commenting system for WordPress and other platforms. It offers a perfect way to build a community for your website. Using Disqus you can easily increase engagements on your website as it’s commenting system comes with a clean user interface and other useful features.
Plenty of people are using Disqus on their WordPress website. If you would like to have Disqus installed in your WordPress blog or website then follow the simple procedure given below.
Steps To Set Up Disqus On WordPress
1) To get started, go to Disqus.com and click on “Get Started“.
2) Now you will see the sign up page. Enter your name, email and password, and click on “Signup“.
3) In the next page, you will see two options “I want to comment on sites” and “I want to install Disqus on my site“. Click on the second one “I want to install Disqus on my site“.
4) Now you will see the Disqus admin panel where you can register your website. Just enter your website URL, choose category and click on “Create Site“.
5) Once you click on “Create Site“, you will see the welcome page as shown in the screenshot below. Click on “Let’s get started“.
6) Now choose the website platform i.e., WordPress and you will be able to see the installation instructions.
7) To set up Disqus on WordPress properly, you will have to install “Disqus” WordPress plugin from your WordPress dashboard. To do that, go to “Plugins -> Add New” in WordPress and search with the keyword “Disqus“. Now you will the “Disqus Comment System” plugin. Install it by clicking on “Install Now“. Once installed, click on “Activate“.
8) Now you will need to configure the Disqus plugin. To do that, click on “Comments -> Disqus“. Next, enter your Disqus username and password in the next page and click on “Next“. Once done, select your website and click on “Next” to finishing setting up Disqus on WordPress.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.