Po.st is a free link shortener and social sharing platform, which lets users to shorten URLs easily. This software as a service tool also let’s blog and website owners to make money, when they use the social sharing platform provided by Po.st. Along with this, they provide a social analytics board, which will let you to keep track of where the clicks are coming from, which posts are performing better in social networks and many more reliable data which can be used for a successful social media marketing.
Sounds interesting, right? Well, today I am gonna talk about how to shorten links or web URLs with the help of Po.st Shortener Bookmarklet here. By following the procedure given here, you will be able to shorten links without visiting the home page of Po.st again and again.
Tutorial To Shorten Links With Po.st:
1) To get started, go to po.st, choose “Sign Up” and “Sign Up For Link Shortener“.
2) Next, fill up all the details in the next page and once done, click on the “Sign Up” button.
3) Once you have signed up, you will be taken to the “Dashboard” of Po.st. From here, you can get the stats of all links which you have shortened using this tool, create and manage “Campaigns” for social media marketing, and analyze which page or posts is getting much attention. I will write a detailed post about this topic later.
4) Now coming back to the topic, click on the “Tools” button in the navigation menu and you will see the Po.st Shortener Bookmarklet. Now, just drag and drop the “Po.st Shortener” button to your browser’s bookmark bar.
5) That’s it. The difficult task or rather the more complex task is over. Now, to shorten a web URL, go to that page and click on the Po.st Shortener Bookmark. You will get the shortened link within few seconds.
From now on, you will be able to shorten URLs or links without ever visiting the homepage of Po.st or other link shorteners. If you would like to get the stats like number of clicks you have received for the shortened link, traffic source, top countries from which the users have clicked, etc., visit the “Global Stats” or the dashboard of po.st.
I hope that you will find this tutorial useful. If you know of any other link shortener, which offers a similar or a better link shortening option like Po.st, do share it with us via comments. Also, let me know your thoughts about this Software as a service tool using the comments section as well.